Pages

Wednesday, December 16, 2020

"Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe" by Hailey H


Ever since I was little, I pretty much modeled my mom in every way possible. I saw how much love, passion, and hard work she put into everything she did, and I wanted to be just like her. She taught me so much growing up, and now at the age of nearly 18, I can look back and truly appreciate all that she has done for me. One of the biggest ways my mom has influenced me is through cooking. Cooking is a big part of my family because they own restaurants and I grew up watching them cook and do what they love. My mom always brought me into the kitchen with her and let me help her with dinners for my family, and from a young age, I adopted the love for cooking as well. About six years ago I started baking on my own, and it instantly became a hobby of mine. Something about baking has always brought me joy, and because of that, over the years I have tested out and mastered some of the best recipes. My mom introduced a chocolate chip cookie recipe that I have learned to perfect over time, and has grown to be a family favorite. That is the recipe I am going to share today, and hopefully some of you get a chance to try it.

What you need:

     Large mixing bowl

     Medium mixing bowl

     Small bowl/cup

     Small pot

     Baking sheet

     Parchment paper

     Wisk (or electric mixer)

     spatula

     Spoon

     Measuring cups/ measuring spoons

Ingredients:

     2 cups of flour

     ½ teaspoon of baking soda

     ½ teaspoon of water

     ½ teaspoon of salt

     1 + ½ sticks of butter

     1 cup of brown sugar

     1 large egg

     1 egg + 1 egg yolk

     2 teaspoons of vanilla extract

     1+½ cups of chocolate chips

     Any other additions (walnuts, pecans, caramel chips, etc.)


How to make:

 

     Start by putting all of the butter in the small pot and heat it on medium hit until melted. Once the butter is melted, you reduce the heat to low, and wait until the butter turns a brown/goldish color. Once the butter is browned, you remove it from the heat.

 

     In the small bowl or cup mix the water and baking soda until dissolved.

 

     In the large mixing bowl add the flour and salt, and wisk the dry mixture until you see that there are no lumps.

     In the medium mixing bowl add the regular sugar, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla, and brown butter. Use your wisk to mix all of the ingredients until it forms a smooth paste. Once the mixture is smooth, add the baking soda water and stir until it is incorporated.

 

     Add the wet mixture (the medium bowl) to the the dry ingredients (the large bowl) and use the spatula to scrape all of the mixture out. Then, use the spatula to mix everything together until it forms a dough. Once a dough forms, add your chocolate chips and any other addition.

     Let the dough chill for 15 minutes in the fridgerator

 

     If you want to save the cookie dough for a later date, store in the freezer up until a week

Baking instructions:

     Preheat the oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit

     Line your baking sheet with parchment paper. (I prefer to use parchment paper over a non-cook cooking spray, because I have found that the cooking spray can burn in the oven, and give the cookies a bitter taste.)

     Scoop your dough using a teaspoon or tablespoon (depending on how large you want your cookies) and roll the dough into a ball.

     Place your dough on the pan leaving a few inches between each cookie for room to spread.

     Place your cookies in the oven and let bake for 12 minutes or until the edges are golden brown. Depending on the chewiness you like of your cookies, you can leave them in longer or shorter.

     If you are unsure if they are done, use a flat spatula to look at the bottom of the cookies, and if they are golden brown, they are done.

     Once done, let cool for a few minutes and enjoy!

 


My recipe, Not my image! Credit: https://theinsidersguideonline.com/2018/07/03/the-best-homemade-chocolate-chip-cookies/


26 comments:

Nicole Lillie said...

Ahhh! Hailey these sound so delicious! I never thought about how the spray burnt and wrecked the taste of the cookie! I always have trouble making them soft and gooey, they always end up burnt on the bottom! I can't wait to try making it with parchment paper instead. Also I can't wait to try this recipe! I'm working on my last college application and now I want to make these to celebrate after! Thank you for a great recipe! - Nicole Lillie

Diego Kontorovsky said...

This was definitely what I needed in my life! Very excited to try these and wow my taste buds, cant wait to start the new year with such a yummy snack. Thank you for sharing!

Jaden Battee said...

Firstly, I would like say how delicious these cookies are as I am a witness to how good these cookies. Best homemade cookies, I've ever tasted! But, I appreciate that you just didn't make this a recipe, step-by-step entry. You involved background information as to why this recipe is important to you. Tell your mother I said ,"Thank you for introducing this recipe to Hailey!".

Unknown said...

This recipe sounds so yummy!! I love how you were able to have that special connection with your mom in the kitchen, it makes this recipe feel so personal and meaningful! The instructions for how to make the cookies, as well as the materials needed, were very clear and thought out! I can't wait to try your recipe! Well done!! - Samantha Galarza

Michaiah Stanford said...

Thank you for sharing this recipe Hailey I can’t wait to try it out. I loved reading how you looked up to your mom and found love in baking. By reading this it has really encouraged me to tryout baking more often and hopefully I’ll find more of a passion for baking.

Kiyah Brown said...

They look really good! I love chocolate chip cookies and I always love to pair them with vanilla ice cream or a glass of milk.

Lydia Brown said...

Hailey, I loved the recipe!! I am not much of a cooker especially when it comes to cookies. I just use the pillsbury and then stick it in the oven HAHAHAH. I know you like to bake so I am going to make an effort to try and bake some things myself from scratch and I will definitely be using your recipe.

Nguyen Ho said...

Those cookies look so good! I like cookies that are equal part chewy and hard, and your recipe look just like what I want! Thank you for sharing, I'll be sure to bake some over the weekend

Kaitlyn Edmundson said...

These sound and look so good! I love that you added background to why you love cooking. It makes everything about this recipe so much more meaningful.

Andrew Abdulkarim said...

I have absolutely loved chocolate chip cookies for all of my life. They are some of my favorite things to eat for dessert and just in general. I am definitely going to try this recipe because they look and sound so good. Great Job!

Anonymous said...

All of a sudden I'm hungry!!! I have been craving cookies for the longest time and yours look FLAWLESS!!!! Your childhood stories that relate to the recipe makes it so much more personal. I love it!!! -Kaitlin Dalisay

Anel Guizar said...

Thank you for the recipe! I like how you even included a picture, they look so good I cannot resist making them. I can't wait to try this recipe out!

Chloe Pacle said...

Thank you so much for sharing this recipe! It sounds so yummy and the instructions were very clear. I can't wait to try to make these myself!

Victoria Howell said...

Hailey! I loved how you compared yourself to your mother! It was a great backstory. I can't wait to try them!

Anonymous said...

Wow these sound delicious, ill try to make these in the future instead of my older recipe. Good job!

Benjamin Galaz Jr. said...

Thank you so much for this! I love chocolate chip cookies and will definitely try this out soon.

Katelyn Orellana said...

OMG just reading this made me hungry, I love to bake and cook. These always go best with hot chocolate.

Unknown said...

Hey Hailey! As someone who loves to bake, I am so excited to try out this recipe with my family. The recent weather is perfect for some warm cookies. Your recipe was super easy to follow and simply described. Nice work.

Melissa Torres said...

I don't think I've ever made cookies from scratch, so thank you for this recipe! I really like how you incorporated a piece of yourself before talking about the recipe.

Brandon Ochoa said...

Thank you so much for sharing a recipe! Something as simple as a cookie takes many steps and ingredients to make and never have I ever really put than into perspective. On top of being fascinated by the cooking procedure, I love cooking and baking equally and find it therapeutic, I cannot wait to try this recipe. Usually when I bake cookies I use store bought mixtures but now I know how to make some from scratch. :)

Jesse Ortiz said...

Hailey,
This sounds so amazing! I really enjoyed hearing the backstory of the origin of these cookies, and hearing the recipe was even better! I have a major soft spot for chocolate chip cookies and I love making them too. Now I gotta try to recreate this amazing recipe, it sounds amazing! Thank you for sharing!

Chloe Pacle said...

These sound so good! I can’t wait to try these on my own. Your instructions were very clear. Thank you so much sharing!

Caitlyn Jane Basa said...

Being a person who LOVES chocolate cookies, this recipe I will definitely try. I loved the introduction to your mom basically being your inspiration and being able to create and share recipes together. It shows a genuine relationship between you two! Your instructions are very clear to follow so thank you, I can't wait to try it!

Mya Bailey said...

Sounds delicious. Instructions are very easy to follow. Can't wait to try them myself.

Kayla Macasinag said...

These sound delicious. I love Cookies especially chocolate chip. So does my little sister. If I ever had a chance later on I’ll definitely have my sister and I bakes these! Thank you so much for sharing.

Unknown said...

I have always wanted to try making chocolate cookies. Thank you for making a recipe that is easy to follow and cookies that look so yummy.Thank you for sharing with us. - Amorette Correa