Pages

Monday, October 21, 2013

"How to Bake French Macarons" by Kayla G.


Likely, people do not know what French macarons are. Many identify them as the “pretty patty” desserts. Well, I would like to clear up all of the confusion. Macarons are French cookies made out of almonds and meringue. They are not called “macaroons”. Macaroons are coconut cookies. French macarons are simply made out of egg whites, sugar, powdered sugar, and almonds.
            For many people, macarons are difficult to bake (ex. Kristine Estrada). They take a lot of patience and effort to make. To be honest, the first time baking macarons will result in a flaw in some way. Macaron recipes online and in baking books are helpful, but most of the time, they do not address common mistakes with baking macarons. With my guidance, hopefully you will be able to bake them without a problem on your first time. (:

If you are actually considering using this guide for baking macarons, then please watch this video. You will find it beneficial because it gives you a visual on how to perform some of the needed tasks.      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2L1zbAOQ3EI

Things You’ll Need:

Electric Mixer (hand mixers are fine as well)
2 large bowls (either metal, glass, or pyrex)
Food Processor or blender
Fine Sieve
Parchment Paper
Cookie sheets or any flat baking pan
Piping bag (Disposable or reusable) (No Ziplocs)

Ingredients:
Please be precise with your measurements. Every detail in the recipe is crucial! I had to learn the hard way.
2/3 cups almond meal or fine almond flour (Have no worries. I will teach you how to prepare them)
1 ½ cups powdered sugar
3 large egg whites
5 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Food coloring or Gel food coloring
-Gel food coloring can be found at Michael’s or Walmart at the cake section where Wilton products are found

Total Time Duration: Approximately 2 hours (for first timers, likely 3)

Directions:

For dry ingredients:

  1. Sift 2/3 cups of almonds. To sift almonds, it would be easiest to use a food processor or blender to break down the almonds. If you want to avoid the brown outer shell of them, then you may use almond slivers, but it doesn’t make a difference in the recipe. Pour the grinded almonds into a fine sieve, and use and spoon to separate the almond flour from the almond chunks into the large bowl that is going to be used only for dry ingredients. When you’re done sifting, pour the fine almonds into a large bowl.
  2. Sift 1 ½ cups of powdered sugar into the same bowl that the fine almonds are in. To sift powdered sugar, put the sugar into the cleaned out fine sieve, and let the sugar sprinkle its way into the bowl.
  3. Gently mix the two ingredients. Do not press onto them, and do not mix quickly.

Beating the Egg Whites: Here, you will learn how to beat your egg whites until stiff with a mixer. Stiff egg whites are egg whites that look shiny and fluffy. They become larger in size when beaten because the mixer creates air in the egg whites.

  1. In another large bowl, separate your egg whites from the yolk, and only leave the egg whites in the bowl. It is imperative that your egg whites do not have any bits of egg yolk or eggshells. If there are any bits, then start over and separate more eggs into another large bowl. The bowl has to be either glass, pyrex, or metal because any other type of bowl will not allow your egg whites to become stiff for the next step. If you use plastic or any other type of bowl, you are risking the chance of failed stiffened egg whites. Plastic bowls are known to attract grease and fats. Grease and fats prevent egg whites to become stiff.
  2. With only 3 egg whites in the bowl, beat them with a mixer. As you are mixing the egg whites, you will notice them becoming foamy. At this point, gradually add the 5 tablespoons of granulated sugar as you are mixing the egg whites. Soon, you will notice your egg whites growing in size and creating peaks. They are meant to look fluffy and bigger than before. Stop mixing when the egg whites are stiff. To tell if they are stiff, do the bowl test. Flip your bowl upside down, and check if nothing moves at all. If nothing moves at all, then they are considered “stiff”. If they are still moving, then continue mixing and do the bowl test again. This is my favorite part of baking macarons! (:
  3. Next, you can color your egg whites. If you are using food coloring, then only use a maximum of 3 drops.
    Warning: Food coloring does not provide the best color for macarons. It is better to use food gel.
    If you are using food gel, then only put a drop or two of it. Too many drops of food coloring or gel will ruin your macarons. This is because coloring is not part of the original recipe of French macarons. Typically, macarons get their colors from the ingredients used, such as the color green for green tea macarons. Do not worry about putting too little of coloring for the macarons because a little comes a long way!





Mixing the ingredients:
  1. Now that you have two separate bowls of dry ingredients and wet ingredients, it is time to combine that two. Pour about 1/3 of the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients bowl. Use the folding technique to mix the ingredients. Always be gentle with the ingredients. For help on the folding technique, go straight to 2:37 on the YouTube video link shown at the top of the guide.
  2. When done mixing 1/3 of the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients, repeat the process by first pouring another 1/3 of the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
  3. Repeat the process with the remaining dry ingredients.

Baking the Macarons:
  1. Align parchment paper on your cookie sheet or baking pan. Sadly, wax paper cannot do the job. I have learned from experience. You need parchment paper. If you have multiple cookie sheets or baking pans, then use them! Baking macarons take a while, so it would be best to fit as many sheets as possible in the oven to save your self some time. Do not forget to align all of the sheets or pans with parchment paper.
  2. In a piping bag (a.k.a. pastry bag), disposable or reusable, twist the tip and place the bag into a cup that can stand strong. Using this method will help you at pouring your macaron batter into the piping bag. Do not use Ziploc bags because they for me are hard to work with. Using gallons bags are acceptable, but their shapes are not like real piping bags. It becomes messy and difficult to work with them.

    Macaron Batter
    WAIT for 30 minutes!
  3. Pour the macaron batter into your bag.
  4. Twist the open end of the bag, and untwist the tip. Make sure the bag has approximately a .4-inch tip.
  5. Pipe out 1in. diameter sized macarons onto the parchment paper. It will take some practice getting used to piping out the batter. Make sure no cookies touch! If they do, then with your best ability remove them from the sheet.
  6. After piping out the batter, grab the sheet or pan, and carefully bang it against the kitchen counter. Hitting the sheet on the counter will get the air bubbles out of the cookies.
  7. To get rid of the peaks on the cookies, you can dip your finger in water, and gently tap the tips down. Do not put a lot of water on your finger. The water can ruin the macarons.
  8. Leave the macarons out untouched for 30 minutes.
  9. Preheat the oven to 280°F.
  10. After 30 minutes, place the sheets into the oven. The macarons will remain in the oven for 15-18 minutes.
  11. After the first three minutes on being in the oven, open the oven slightly for a few seconds to let the air out. This will allow excess humidity to exit the oven. Make sure you have a timer to keep track of time.
  12. After 15 minutes of being in the oven, take the macarons out. Give them time to cool down.
  13. Once they’re cool, gently remove the cookies from the parchment paper. They should not be difficult to remove. If they are still sticking to the sheet, then place them back in the oven for another 3-5 minutes.
  14. When they’re removed from the paper, pair the cookies with those that fit well with each other in size.
  15. For the filling, I find it easiest to use Nutella. It’s tasty, easy to use, and I am always too tired at this point of baking macarons to make my own filling. You can use any filling that you wish! There are many websites that show you how to make your own flavored fillings for macarons; however, that cannot be found here.

Thank you for reading this very long and descriptive guide on how to bake French macarons. I hope that this was very helpful, informative, and not boring for your interests!(:

Do not let this picture fool you! The colors are pretty, but only because they are filtered!
Credit: @kisforkani

This is what failure looks like! I put too much food coloring in this batch 

These were supposed to be orange, but food coloring is not very strong. Instead, these ended up light brown.

I decided to change it up, and I used blue butter cream frosting as the filling. You can fill your macarons with anything you like!(:





58 comments:

Ethan Trieu said...

Wow great writing I cant wait to use this recipe to try out for myself at home great job keep up the great work.

nick tena said...

i like this article because i didnt know what macaroons where. I think this is a great tutorial that takes you step by step. great job.

Laura Sandoval said...

Great idea using pictures to clear up any confusion about what the cookies and the egg whites should look like. Your piece was very well organized and easy to follow and you did a great job of giving the readers lots of options if they found that they needed help by citing different online sources. Your instructions made me feel like I could definitely bake these cookies with a little practice and I can't wait to try it out!

Sarah Price said...

Soooo...I tried it...you made it look so easy! Let's just say that the outcome was not what I expected. However, it was certainly not the fault of this tutorial. You very concisely described the process and made it easy to understand, with a bit of humor mixed in. Obviously I enjoyed reading the instructions and seeing the lovely pictures since I was so compelled to give it a try, I'm just not as good a cook as you are a writer.

Sarah Price said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tiffany Tran said...

Wow Kayla! I really enjoyed reading this piece! It was really informative and detailed! I like how you included the link to the youtube video, pictures, and easy step-by-step instructions! I also love how you included information such as where we can buy the ingredients (for example, you said Michael's or Walmart) so it was really easy to understand. Also, your piece was so detailed and it included everything we need in order to make the macarons! I really can't wait to bake the macarons using these crystal clear instructions! I really appreciate your time and effort into creating this instructional article because I really want to make macarons by I never had time to look it up. Thanks to you, I can finally try it out ! Nice work and you did a superb job!

Anonymous said...

Kayla, I LOVED this piece!!! You did an amazing job of breaking down the procedure into an easy-to-follow, step-by-step process. I cannot believe how much detail and forethought you put into the instructions. You put all other cook books to shame! The fact that you included comments from personal experience only added to the overall clarity and brilliance of the tutorial. Plus, your unique sense of humor worked its way into the directions, making them all the more fun. You go girl!!!
P.S. We definitely have to hang out and bake together soon :)

-Christina Tapia

Unknown said...

Please make me some for my birthday on March 9th.

Your instructions were very clear cut and straight to the point. Thank you for not speaking in circumlocution like all the other brownie boxes in the world. I am definitely going to give this a try around Christmas time... I like how you added some great pictures as well! Great job Kayla! :)

Unknown said...

I love how you included pictures with your instruction article! It helped motivate me to try and make French macarons one day :)
I'm a horrible baker but thanks to your detailed instructions I might actually pull this one off. Great job

Unknown said...

I loved how you included pictures into your instructional article. It helped motivate me to want to try to make these one day :) I'm a horrible baker but thanks to your instructions I might actually pull this one off! Great job

Unknown said...

Although I will probably never make French macarons (or anything edible) in my life, I read this anyways just to see what these macarons really are and what they are made of. You have done a great job describing the procedure of making these French cookies from start to finish by including pictures and even refer to certain parts in the video you advised the audience to refer to. This is a great tutorial, and I will definitely refer back to this when I get the courage to attempt to cook again. And again, good job, this is nicely done!
-Ben Chang

Unknown said...

I liked this piece a lot. You made it seem so easy that anyone could do it! The explaining step by step was great and helped lot with understanding how to make them. Great Job.

Unknown said...

I like this piece a lot.It was very interesting on how they are made. The step by step instructions made it simple and easy to follow and funny also with the humor. Great Job!

Gaby Gutierrez said...

I am tempted to try this out and make some of my own. This "How-to" was beyond informative as not only was the detail great, but you included pictures to help the reader visualize even further what was going on and what everything needed to look like. Good Job!

Ji Eun Shin said...

Oh my goodness, I was so close to drooling as I read through this piece! I have been craving macarons for a month now! Your instructions were very clear! I really want to give it a try cooking it during break. Not only was your piece instructional, but it was also a fun read. Especially when you typed "For many people, macarons are difficult to bake (ex. Kristine Estrada)," I had a good laugh out of that. This was definitely a very instructional read, as well as a fun read! Thank you for this wonderful piece! (:

Unknown said...

This "How-to" was very informitave and it made everything even more easy to understand and to follow while attempting to make macarons.

Unknown said...

I really want to make some now. You made it so easy on how to make these and they look really good. The detail in this how to was amazing. The pictures make it even easier to make. Great Job.

Christofer guerrero said...

I liked this pice because it shared with me on how to make a very interesting snack/food step by step.

Sarah Castro said...

I thought that this how-to was informative and very...persuasive? I don't know, it really made me want to make some macarons, even if I've never done so before. The steps were written out very precisely and thoughtfully, and the pictures helped me visualize everything, just like in a cookbook. Thank you for not just telling us what to do, but for pointing out potential pitfalls and telling us how to avoid them. I'm really excited to try out this recipe!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Reading this made my mouth water. Macaroons are delicious, I have actually gone to the bakery in LA to have them! But now with this information, I can try making them myself. The steps to this how-to are very clear and has well information.
-Leia S.
period 6

Kahlia Cadle said...

I was so happy to see this because I ate a macaron before and absolutely felll in love. After that I've always wanted to make macarons! I will definitely be adding this to my list of recipes. Sadly, I am not a very good baker so you might have to help me out a bit. I thought it was really cute and quirky how you added your own personality to the instructions. It makes the instructions relatable and fun. Can't wait to try it! Awesome job!

Alyssa Sarabia said...

I have always seen pictures of these macarons on instagram and I've always wondered what they tasted like. It probably doesn't help that I'm very hungry at the moment so your macarons look even more delicious! I like how your step by step process was very detailed so we, as readers, know what to do to bake them. I also enjoyed the pictures you posted to go along with the process to show us the do's and don'ts of making these yummy desserts. I will definitely use your recipe to try and bake them! :)

Anonymous said...

I loved this! I am an avid baker/cook myself, and reading this makes me want to try making these. Cute pictures too! I felt this was a very unique piece of writing because most people I guess wouldn't think to write a "how-to" on recipes. I enjoyed this very much.
- Hannah Mueller (12) per.5

Unknown said...

Kayla, you made this tutorial seem as easy as 1..2..3 with how detailed and informative each step in the baking process was. Despite the normal boring instructions that come with cooking "How To"s you kept the instructions to the point and entertaining. Overall, great job.

Unknown said...

Wow. This was the most detailed "how- to" I've read so far. And it's about food! Your organization was very well done. The pictures were really nice to look at and refer to as a guide. You really seem to know a lot about baking French Macarons, and showed through your piece. It was also very well written and your steps are easy to understand and follow. Nice job!

Neha Quraishi said...

This totally made me want to go look through my pantry to see if I had the right ingredients to make french macarons! This recipe and thorough step-by-step proceudre made the process look quite do-able. I always assumed it was much more difficult to make them, but because of this guide, I know that I will definitely be making a batch in the future! I also love how you chose to inldude many pictures of your own trials and errors when making them, it's extremely helpful. Your directions are so much more clear than those on other websites! You deserve more recoginition for your baking skills! Great job Kayla! :)

Michelle Millan said...

Great job, Kayla! You should make some samples for everyone...or me! Haha!
Adding the pictures was a great taste...oohhh..see what I did there, "taste"!
Haha! Well anyway, I loved it! Keep it up! :D

Tyler Reinhold said...

These how to posts are always interesting. This one was extremely inspiring and helpful. I want to bake up some macarons and I feel like I can successfully after reading your post. The pictures and link was helpful as well. Great job.

Unknown said...

Kayla, this how-to was very well put together! I'm sure that if you me and Kristine followed this the first time we made macarons, we wouldn't have done so terribly! I appreciate that you mentioned that mistakes are bound to happen the first time around, or if they're like Kristine and I, it won't go so swell the second time either! Since I gave up after my second attempt, I say we try this again! It's time for redemption! (:

Unknown said...

Kayla, this how-to was very well put together! I'm sure that if you me and Kristine followed this the first time we made macarons, we wouldn't have done so terribly! I appreciate that you mentioned that mistakes are bound to happen the first time around, or if they're like Kristine and I, it won't go so swell the second time either! Since I gave up after my second attempt, I say we try this again! It's time for redemption! (:

Anonymous said...

Very informative piece! I really liked your introduction because you not only provided us with a clear cut step by step process for making macarons but you also clarified what macarons are and common misconceptions about them. I also really enjoyed the pictures! Great job Kayla!
- Alyssa Sanchez

Jill Daker said...

This is great. Your instructions are clear and the comments that you added on to them are quite entertaining. The French Macarons look and sound delicious and I am very tempted to try them.

tyler jensen said...

i thought that this was an excellent recipe. i liked the way you described how to make everything and i thought it made alot of sense. i also liked how u combined it with pictures to show how it should look and also how u added a youtibe video to show more in depth perspective.
-tyler jensen

Anonymous said...

:O this is awesome! when i am not chopping down trees or demolishing structures with my bare hands i like to take a break from all that "manly stuff". i love to spend time in the kitchen especially baking. i find this to be a great recipe one that i was formerly unaware of. i am definetely gonna make some now :P

- Justin Myers

Anonymous said...

I think its a great tutorial. The picture help so i didnt get confused

Devin Jennings
P.2

Anonymous said...

wow!! that sounds really good. After reading this "How-to" i want to try to make some at home. You did a good job on describing the steps on how to make this. I also like how you added pictures so we can hve an idea of what were doing. Good Job!!

-Natalie Anguiano

Anonymous said...

Great job. There was humor and a lot of professionalism in this tutorial. It was eye-catching and instructive.
- Oscar Salazar

Unknown said...

I really want to know how to make Macarons and experience how to make it, i really appreciate you for posting this piece. From now on, I will get tempted to bake these everytime I check this blogspot, but, I would ultimately fail probably. Some "How-to" baking recipes are short and less detailed than yours, I really liked this piece, now I have to make some Macarons now.
-Emilio Pulmano

Katherine Celume said...

I have always wanted to eat a macaron! However, now that I read your instructional post, I really want to make a batch! You clearly list not only each necessary step, but also explicitly explain certain things to guide us from your personal experience. I really like your use of media of pictures and the helpful video. You really organized this piece in a coherent and easy-to-follow.

Anonymous said...

Wow!! that sounds good and yummy ! By reading this "How-to" its seems really easy to make that i even want to try to make some at home. i liked how you described the steps, its very easy for a person to follow if they ever want to make some. I also like how you put pictures so we can have an idea of what we are making. Good Job!!
-Natalie Anguiano

Anonymous said...

i really feel i can make these and i have always wanted to try thgem .i love to cook! -abigail rich

Etiwanda NHS said...

This is amazing Kayla ! I like how you talk directly to the reader in second person point of view so that it's like it's a personal how-to recipe just for me ! The abundance of detail not only paints a clear picture of each step, but it gives me assurance that I will be successful in baking since you have described each step so precisely. I also LOVED the pictures ! I didn't even know you could attach pictures! But they made it even more fun to read because it brings us back to books we all read in elementary school with pictures ! It also helps to compare when I will try baking ! Plus the Nutella tip is really good because not only does everyone love Nutella but it seems easy to use ! Although,when I do try to bake my own macarons, for extra guidance I may just ask Kristine for help (;

Tia Basa said...

Kayla! I love this instructional blog post of yours! Macarons taste amazing and it's wonderful that you put together a blogpost on how to make them. I am deeply delighted and excited to try and bake some...hopefully I don't burn them. Anyways, I just love the fact that you added pictures and even a link to a video to help guide us through the baking process. This is by far one of my favorite posts! Great job Kayla!
-Tia Basa

Akelah Adams said...

I love these things! And now I have a great tutorial on how to make them! The instructions were well-written and easy to follow. The picture guides are also appreciated because they give me an image of what they should look like. Thank you for this detailed walkthrough; I hope that I make them well enough!

Unknown said...

This is amazing Kayla ! I like how you talk directly to the reader in second person point of view so that it's like it's a personal how-to recipe just for me ! The abundance of detail not only paints a clear picture of each step, but it gives me assurance that I will be successful in baking since you have described each step so precisely. I also LOVED the pictures ! I didn't even know you could attach pictures! But they made it even more fun to read because it brings us back to books we all read in elementary school with pictures ! It also helps to compare when I will try baking ! Plus the Nutella tip is really good because not only does everyone love Nutella but it seems easy to use ! Although,when I do try to bake my own macarons, for extra guidance I may just ask Kristine for help (;

Unknown said...

Great job! I liked that you were so detailed in your description of the process. I have tried to follow instructions from an online site before, and usually I find that the author is not detailed enough in their description. No possibility of that happening here. And also, kudos on the pictures, it's nice to know that you have actually done it before, this increases your credibility.

Eva Chen said...

Wow Kayla! I've always wanted to try making macarons but like you said, the tutorials online are always so complicated. I love how you compiled everything together and gave us the way that you have found to be the best. Your pictures were great visuals too! I really want to try the ones you make, you seem like such a pro macaron maker! :)

Eva Chen said...

Wow Kayla! I've always wanted to try making macarons but like you said, the tutorials online are always so complicated. I love how you compiled everything together and gave us the way that you have found to be the best. Your pictures were great visuals too! I really want to try the ones you make, you seem like such a pro macaron maker! :)

Unknown said...

It's funny because I'm reading this and can hear your voice in my head. WE MUST BAKE S'MORE WITH KRIS AGAIN OVER BREAK. IDC IF SHE SAYS IT'S HARD. Also, thanks for making me hungry at 11:45. This is so sad to my stomach. D:

I find it so cute how you added a smiley face and said things like "with my guidance." You're like a sous chef guiding the "young grasshopper" chefs. I also applaud you for going the extra mile with the pictures. It helps the readers to really make sure they know what to do. I've tried online tutorials to several different projects and ran into several difficulties. Your tutorial, however, was no problem and hopefully I can make macarons as often as you've made for me. Or I'll just pay you...your choice, lol.

Good job KK! (:

Unknown said...

It's funny because I'm reading this and can hear your voice in my head. WE MUST BAKE S'MORE WITH KRIS AGAIN OVER BREAK. IDC IF SHE SAYS IT'S HARD. Also, thanks for making me hungry at 11:45. This is so sad to my stomach. D:

I find it so cute how you added a smiley face and said things like "with my guidance." You're like a sous chef guiding the "young grasshopper" chefs. I also applaud you for going the extra mile with the pictures. It helps the readers to really make sure they know what to do. I've tried online tutorials to several different projects and ran into several difficulties. Your tutorial, however, was no problem and hopefully I can make macarons as often as you've made for me. Or I'll just pay you...your choice, lol.

Good job KK! (:

Unknown said...

Is it weird that I can hear your voice in my head while reading this? WE MUST BAKE AGAIN WITH KRIS EVEN IF IT'S MACARONS AND SHE COMPLAINS. I DON'T CARE. IT'S HAPPENING.

I found it really adorable that you included a smiley face and acted as a mentor. In a kitchen setting, you'd be the "sous chef" and the audience is the student. I applaud you for going the extra mile and including pictures. Often times when I read a tutorial, I always run into problems because their pictures and explanations were still not specific enough for me to catch on to. However, I didn't run into problems reading yours. I hope I can use this to make macarons as often and as well as you do. Or I'll pay you...your choice lol.

Good job KK!
P.S. I'm writing this at 11:45pm and I'm even hungrier now...SO THANKS. :(

Hennessy V said...

The recipe is so.specific and the instructions are very helpful and specific as well. I've become inspired to take the challenge of making these delicious desserts.

Unknown said...

I love that this is completely different from anything i've read on here. Now I know how to make pretty little french macaroons. I've always been jealous of your ability to bake, while I can barely sift flour. Anyway, your piece was very informative, very specific, entirely easy to follow. Most recipes online aren't specific enough, but yours was. I could imagine your voice talking, it was like listening to you speak to me like you were there teaching me, yourself. The pictures are also an extra mile, creating a visualization on your writing to give an idea to the audience what french macroons look like, just in case they don't know. Overall, excellent piece, Kayla!. :)

Unknown said...

I love that this is completely different from anything i've read on here. Now I know how to make pretty little french macaroons. I've always been jealous of your ability to bake, while I can barely sift flour. Anyway, your piece was very informative, very specific, entirely easy to follow. Most recipes online aren't specific enough, but yours was. I could imagine your voice talking, it was like listening to you speak to me like you were there teaching me, yourself. The pictures are also an extra mile, creating a visualization on your writing to give an idea to the audience what french macroons look like, just in case they don't know. Overall, excellent piece, Kayla!. :)

Lillian Cao said...

I love maracons and these instructions seem elaborate enough for someone as inadequate as I am to make them! Your thorough instructions really reassured my ability to do difficult things, like making macarons. This "how to" was wonderful Kayla! And thank you for educating me about the difference between macarons and macaroons. I always thought that they were interchangeable. You really reached out to your audience and insinuated that you understood our struggle. Thank you! :)

Anonymous said...

LOVED THIS KAYLA! You're thorough and simple instructions give me the confidence to attempt baking. I just went downstairs into my pantry to check if I have the ingredients to attempt this recipe. I If I had food coloring, I would've totally attempted to make some. I love how unique this piece was in comparison to any submission I've seen so far. The pictures you attached helped to further demonstrate your credibility. Great job! :)
-Danieh Abu Alrub

Unknown said...

I Loved how specific you are when you begin the actual recipe, there is little to no ambiguity in your directions. I also loved how you described the process of baking, U=Your use of detail only makes me want to actually go and back french macaroons

Jonathan Mejia said...

Wow, you left no detail out, very specific and easy to understand. I love how you included images of the delicious pastry. I never try them myself, but I would definitely trust your instruction and maybe make them for Christmas!.