Pages

Monday, November 27, 2017

"Untitled" by Yanez S


Thanks for clicking on my article; you are probably wondering what a BROOKIE is.  Before I tell you what it is, I want to tell you a little about myself.  I truly love bake goodies.  I also like to cook but I have a passion for baking. My family and friends can always count on me if they are craving some kind of desert or even if they have a sweet tooth.  However, let us get back to this BROOKIE shall we, this is a mixture of brownie and cookie!  This is a tasty treat if you like a sweet and well chocolate.
Ingredients for Cookie Dough
·      Pre heat oven 350 degrees
·      2 ¼ cups of flour
·      1 teaspoon of baking soda
·      1 teaspoon of salt
·      2 sticks of butter (soften)
·      ¾ cup of sugar
·      ¾ cup of brown sugar
·      1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
·      2 eggs
·      2 cups of chocolate chips
Ingredients for Brownies
-       Any Brownie Box
As you follow the box instructions, pour the bonnie mix into the selective pan you have chosen and with a spoon scoop the cookie dough and spread evenly among the mix.
v This should take about 20-25 minutes in the oven
v Check with a toothpick at 20min
v Once it’s all done let it cool
And there is your BROOKIE!  Cut into squares and add a scoop of vanilla ice cream if you like, or a cold glass of milk.  Both taste amazing, it balances out the sweetness of this dessert.
I hope you enjoyed this How to Do and let me know if this satisfied your sweet tooth!

"

12 comments:

Amber Duran said...

Wow! I had never though of making something as creative as this. It combines two desserts I love, cookies and brownies. Your passion for baking is inspiring and it is nice of you to share that with your friends and family. Your list of specific ingredients to mix for the cookie dough and the simplicity of using a brownie mix box makes this recipe seem delicious and easy to follow. I want to go out and buy the ingredients to make a brookie for myself right now. Thank you for sharing your recipe!

Anonymous said...

This is so cool! I always wondered how bakeries did this and now I can do it myself. I'm not that much of an experienced baker but you broke this down in a really simple way! I'm so excited to try this!

Eddie Avila
Period 1

Megan Jenkins said...

This sounds so good! I love brownies and cookies, so this seems like a great dessert! I enjoyed how you added information about yourself in the introduction to the recipe, it created a sense of personality in the piece.

Unknown said...

Ive had "Brookies" before in my life and loved them. I thank you for your tutorial on how to make these. I like the ver specific amount of ingredients and how much time it takes for them to cook! Cant wait to give these a cook.

Anonymous said...

Great recipe for "Brookies". I've never had them, but your recipe definitely convinces me to give them a try. The instructions seem simple enough for it to be great for beginners. I like how you added a more personal touch to the introduction of your piece.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I've never heard of Brookies before but it definitely sounds like something I would love to try. I love trying new things and the way you explained it made it seem really quick and easy to make. I will definitely be trying these out soon.
Austyn Coleman
Period 1

Anonymous said...

My mom and I always bake, especially during the holidays, so I love this post! I will definitely make sure to try this recipe out soon!
Kayla Rangel
P.6

Garrett Denton said...

I'm not an experienced baker, but I will definitely attempt to make "Brookies". I like that you added suggestions and made the instructions simple.

Unknown said...

This "How to" has definitely gotten my stomach to growl, and in the mood to start baking. I loved how something creative as a Brookie can be simply made with the help of your instructions. I greatly enjoyed your simple introduction too, because it gives the reader the information that you love to bake, which is amazing! Thanks for this new recipe, I will hopefully be baking these Brookies soon. :)

Marcela Morelos said...

I’ve never heard of a brookie but they sound really good and worth trying. I liked how you began with some information about you and talked about you and your interest in baking. It made the how-to seem well rounded by including directions and giving a sense of yourself.

Unknown said...

I like your creativity in this article. You know what your doing and I think that you should use your literary skills to continue writing recipes to the public. Thanks for sharing to us.

Unknown said...

this made for a great read. definitely helpful because although ive consumed MANY brookies in my life time ive never known how to make one this was extremely helpful thank you (:
-tiana wheatley