Pages

Monday, November 27, 2017

“How To Make Green Chilaquiles” by Adrian A



First
off, I want to thank everyone for reading my tutorial on how to make Green Chilaquiles. I
want to begin by explaining why I chose this dish for a tutorial. Chilaquiles has always been my favorite mexican dish ever since I was a child. A few months ago, I learned how to make them with the help of my mom. This dish not only has some positive aspects on myself in that it is something that I like but also that it allows me to bond with my mother by cooking other dishes. By utilizing this recipe, you can also make a very tasty mexican dish and possibly have some bonding time with your parents.
What You’ll Need:
  • -  Skillet (size depends on how many chilaquiles you want to make)
  • -  Corn Tortillas ( 2 or 3 per person)
  • -  Corn Oil (enough to fill surroundings of skillet)
  • -  Second Skillet (a bit bigger than the first one)
  • -  Queso Fresco (optional)
  • -  Crema Mexicana Table Cream (optional)
    Sauce Ingredients:
  • -  Mexican Husk Tomatoes (15)
  • -  Jalapeno Peppers (6)
  • -  Onion (1⁄4 )
  • -  Water (1⁄2 cup)
  • -  Garlic Pieces (2)
  • -  Salt (1 tsp.)
Instructions:
  1. Start off by washing your hands before you begin cooking.
  2. Cut however many corn tortillas you’re using, into halves. You should now have two
    separate halves of tortillas. Then, stack those two halves on top of each other so you can cut them into even smaller halves. After that, cut each half into 5 even pieces and have a total of 10 pieces for each tortilla (use as many tortillas as you want).
  3. Place the small skillet on stove and set stove to high.
  4. Pour enough corn oil to fill the skillet and let the oil set for about 4 minutes.
  5. After the 4 minutes, set the stove to medium high.
  6. Then start placing a handful or two of the tortilla pieces into the skillet with the oil. ( All
    spread out, not stacking on top of each other.)
  7. Use a spatula to stir the tortilla pieces.
  8. Once the tortilla pieces start to turn brown, scoop them out with the spatula and place
    them on a plate.
  9. Repeat steps 6-8 until all the tortilla pieces you have are all crisp.
  10. Now for the instructions for the sauce. Start by placing a bigger skillet on the stove and
    set to medium high.
  11. Then grab a blender and place all the ingredients for the sauce into the blender. That
    includes: the husk tomatoes, peppers, onion, garlic, salt, and water.
  12. Then blend all those ingredients for about 5 minutes.
  13. After blending, pour the sauce into the bigger skillet.
14. Next, place all the tortilla pieces into the skillet with the sauce and stir them until the tortilla pieces are all covered in sauce.
15. Lastly, if the sauce is too spicy, then some queso fresco and crema mexicana table cream should fix that problem and make the chilaquiles not so spicy.
At the end, the chilaquiles should come out all crisp and golden brown. I would definitely recommend the use of the queso fresco and table cream because not only do they help with the spiciness of the sauce, but they also add some flavor to the chilaquiles. I hope that you enjoyed this dish if you were able to prepare it, eating your home cooked meals just taste better than most of restaurant meals. Once again, thank you for reading my tutorial on how to make green chilaquiles.

35 comments:

Janae Stowers said...

I like how you first explained why you chose chilaquiles as the food dish you are going to do the tutorial on. I like how you gave us readers some insight about how making this dish affects you. The instructions are easy for anyone to follow.

Joshua Duque said...

Thank you for sharing this recipe I can't wait to try it. Your instructions were very well written and easy to understand. I love how you shared a recipe that your mother taught you because it shows how cooking influences your relationship with her.

Anonymous said...

Breanna Carrillo
period 5
This was so fascinating to read on how to make chilaquiles, I love Mexican food and most importantly learning it from our parents to keep passing it on; Loved the aspect of culture in this reading

Avalon Freeman said...

I saw this and I was like "Oah whats this" I enjoy food so this peak day interest. I will definitely try this.
Avalon Freeman
P.2

Unknown said...

I love how you had an introduction to the recipe to give the background of the food. Im very excited to try this out, hopefully over Christmas break.

Lauren Elizabeth Wright said...

Great job! This was very easy to understand, and even though it was a recipe rather than a story, I still was very interested in it. I particularly enjoyed your intro because of the way you made it more than just a recipe. Awesome!

Anonymous said...

I like how you first explain why you chose this topic it shows kind of a background. Just reading this I got very hungry. This was helpful because I’m hosting a Christmas party and wasn’t sure what to make and now I’m starting to get ideas and based on what you wrote sounds very delicious. Thank you for sharing.

Ooomr said...

As a Chilaquile lover I thank you very much for this tutorial. Sometimes I try to make some chilaquiles by trying to remember how my mom makes them, but it doesn't quite work out. Now I have a solid tutorial I can turn to and not have to guess a pray they come out decent. Thank you for making your instructions simple and easy to read !

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed reading your tutorial on green chilaquiles! I like how you gave a backstory on why you chose this dish to write a ”How To” on. Thank you for sharing this recipe, and I hope to be able to make this some day. Also, your instructions are very easy to follow.
Samantha Ehrlich Period 1

Anonymous said...

I loved the background on how you have a positive experience with your mom pertaining to making chilaquiles, which led to your influence of making your blog about it. This blog was very thoroughly detailed and explained to the point that anyone can make the dish if they choose to. Very nice blog all around, and I look forward to trying this recipe in the future.

Ikwaak Dhillon said...

Wow! Chilaquiles are also my favorite Mexican dish. It was cool to see how you made this dish as compared to how I make this dish. I definitely learned a lot of new things that I usually do not implement when I make chilaquiles; such as, how you make your sauce. I never add garlic pieces so I will definitely try that next time. This was a great step-by-step on how to make chilaquiles.

Unknown said...

I like how you added personal information as to why you wanted to make chilaquiles. Your how-to was easy to follow and straightforward. Good job! I hope to make this soon.

Noah said...

This was great!! I found it very informative and the descriptions of the chilaquiles were wonderful. It made me hungry and you did a good job at informing the reader how to make this Mexican dish!

Unknown said...

I loved the fact that you not only wrote about how to do chilaquiles but why yo chose this dish. Also I like how you gave some good ideas of why doing this recipe is good, not only to enjoy some delicious chilaquiles but also to enjoy some quality time with your parents which is rare. I love well organized this is which makes it easy for us to do the recipe.

Unknown said...

For me, every weekend, my family likes to prepare red chilaquiles because it's something we've just grown up with, but I will definitely try to make green chilaquiles this weekend! Thank you for the recipe, it sounds delicious!

Anonymous said...

Very impressive. I first like how and why you explained the topic and the background. Me personally, I found it very detailed and the way you explained it made the recipe seemed easy to make. Now I'm going to make myself some chilaquiles. Erick Gutierrez per.4

Brianna Icamen said...

I love chilaquiles and I loved your how to. It seems very well written and very straightforward and I loved how you added a backstory. Thank you for sharing this recipe. I can't wait to try it!

Unknown said...

This was really great! This sounds amazing and I really want to try it now. I like how you added that cooking can help strengthen bonds with parents; this is really rare considering not many say that anymore. I love the step-by-step instructions!

Unknown said...

I like that you included your reasoning for choosing this dish. As for the rest of your post, it was clear and easy to understand. I’ll try to remember this the next time I feel hungry. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

As I was deciding what to read next, I saw this piece, I never clicked so fast on one before! I read it out loud and everyone in my family said to copy down the instruction so we can make this dish! I love this easy and detailed step by step process!

Stephanie Valdovinos
p.1

Yanez Sanchez said...

You had me at chilaquiles! That is also one of my favorite dishes! I make mines different but I would love to try yours out. The recipe looks easy to follow and who knows I might make it right now !

Anonymous said...

This recipe sounds like it would be very easy and delicious. Great job on making the recipe easy to follow and including a great backstory.

Anais Moran p.5 said...

I love chilaquiles and have been eating them a lot in the past few months. However I have never had green chilaquiles, so I'm very excited to try this recipe out. Since I plan on using this, I really appreciate how simple and easy to understand this.

Unknown said...

I love this piece so much because it has a personal connection with me, coming from a Hispanic household, it reminds me of families eating, drinking, and enjoying eachothers company. So, being able to make a very descriptive and informative tutorial that can allow anybody or any family to be able to enjoy such a nice cultural meallike you did so very well here, is fantastic and great !

Unknown said...

I liked that you shared the reason for making this dish. This dish is something that you really care about. Your personal touch made me want to make this dish myself.

Anonymous said...

Adrian, I thank you for providing this recipe because you have just gave me an idea what to prepeare for dinner tomorrow. The use of vocabulary and the personal connection really made this piece stand out.
-Jerico Franco
-Period 6

Katie Yee said...

I really enjoyed that you connected the recipe to a memory of yours. The description you used was really good and I'm tempted tp try and make this!! Good Job

Unknown said...

I am definitely a terrible cook, but the way you explained how to make this dish seems so simple and makes me want to try to make it soon! Furthermore, I truly enjoyed how you connected it to your family because it shows how much this means to you.

Debrina Collins said...

Personally, I love all food but Mexican food has a special place in my heart. I really enjoyed how you were able to tie in the elements from your personal life and culture to really give meaning to the recipe. Well done on the piece it was well written, easy to follow and straight to the point, I will definitely be trying this one :)

Unknown said...

This piece had a great description on how to make green chilaquiles. It really stood out to me when you shared your personal connection. The recipe does not seem too overwhelming and i am hoping to make this or ask someone to make this for me~

Anonymous said...

Over the summer, I worked in San Diego and I would eat this for breakfast every Saturday at Church! I'll definitely try to use to his recipe to relive those times!
DeAndre Siringoringo P.1

Anonymous said...

WOW! the way you explained your love for the dish and how the instructions make it very clear on how to make chilaquiles makes me want to go and make some! Good work!

Unknown said...

This recipe made my mouth water. It was awesome learning a new technique on how to make quesadillas for in the future! Delisioso!!

Unknown said...

this is one of my favorite mexican style dishes. you explained every step very detailed and now i cant wait to make this my self because i definitely did not know how to before now haha. and i love that you included an aspect of your child hood and shared it with us (:
-tiana wheatley

Anonymous said...

This is so amazing!!! I can’t wait to try it!! You did a fantastic job explaining the recipe and describing each part of it!! I’m excited