Pages

Monday, December 7, 2015

"The People You’ll Meet" by Fiona C



Spring comes into your life when you least expect her to. In fact, she charges into it, head first, and completely knocks you off your feet. She is different. She is refreshing. And somehow, she is everything you need at that moment. Spring is passionate and makes it her main priority to never do anything half-heartedly. She is the classic definition of an idealist and a romantic. Her optimism energizes her and pushes her to keep going, regardless of what’s trying to stop her. No matter how many times people seem to disappoint her, she refuses to give up on them. She doesn't seem to run out of “second chances” and isn’t hesitant to give them out.

Summer constantly makes promises he can’t keep. He laughs too hard at your jokes and tries too hard to impress the people he loves. He is spontaneous, and he is adventurous. He keeps a small bucket list in his jacket pocket and promises you that he will accomplish everything on it, even though it is highly unrealistic. Summer is as stubborn as he is unpredictable. He rarely spends his days in his home and makes sure that your’s is as active as his. Though he is very independent, he seems to always include you in his getaway plans and relies on you to keep him in check. However, he often leaves without a warning.

Autumn likes to make sure that her life is always predictable. She is punctual with her time and detailed with her work. She specifically makes sure that she doesn’t act on the whim and that she structures everything correctly. Her shabby desk drawers are filled with used planners and old calendars that ordinary people don’t usually keep. Despite her untroubled demeanor, she doesn’t handle stress well and becomes neurotic when it all accumulates together. Usually, during those times, she isolates herself from you and pretends that everything is under control. She is also intelligent and curious about the world around her. She makes it her duty to educate herself so that she could form her own belief and opinions.

Winter listens more than he speaks. He is usually cold and unwelcoming at first glance. However, he becomes friendlier when he is comfortable with the people around him. He subconsciously pretends to be detached to hide his emotional vulnerability from other people. Though he tries to remain neutral, his eyes are extremely expressive and are usually the first to sell him out.  He is also very family-oriented and considerate of his friends. His observant behavior allows him to notice things about the people he cares about most. He is also defensive of his closest friends and tries his best to protect them the best he can. He is essentially the most complex person you know.


22 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! I love the topic of your piece, it's so original, creative and it makes me giggle. I love the personalities you personified each season with, like, if I pictured these seasons to be people, this is exactly the types of personalities I believed them to have. Great use of devices and awesome piece overall!
- Samar Elshekh P.3

Unknown said...

This piece is really unique and I love it! It is refreshing to see how you personified each season and it is interesting to see how they would be like as a person! I agree with Samar on how I believe that if the seasons were people, then they would exactly have that type of personality! I really do admire your creativity in this piece, it is definitely unique! Great job Fiona!
-Brenda Do P.1

Hanna Brookshier said...

You make my heart do amazing things Fiona! I'm utterly in love. It's like a story in the life of, but also like a character analysis at the same time! I love how you personify the seasons to how we see them and feel about them, I even feel that they embody us in a way that we don't even notice. This is super precious, if you would allow me to I would like to do art for them. This is like a refreshing inspiration in some way to me that I can't even describe, and I don't know whether it's the idea of the personified seasons or the way they're describe. Wonderful work Fiona! Keep flowing with amazing ideas.

Danielle Gonzales said...

This was so pleasant to read and I think it was the way in which you made the seasons come to life. It has this light and airy aspect to it as each season was personified in a short yet detailed way. It's just so different as far as topics go, I keep re-reading it to vividly imagine everything you described here. It's so clever and it just shows how unique and original you are with taking a simple idea and going in-depth with it into something no one has thought of doing. Definitely a way with words you have Fiona. Wonderful job!

Anonymous said...

The way you compared the seasons to actual people we've all met in our lives speaks loads of how much you know about others Fiona! At first glance, I was wondering how such people related to seasons but after a second, more in depth look at this great piece, I started to see what I couldn't before and I enjoyed the piece more after that. Again, this was a great read. Keep up the good work!
- Antonio Barron Period 3

Dom said...

This piece was so cool and thoughtful. When I first started reading about Spring , I thought it was a coincidence that some of the things you said to describe her could also be interpreted as characteristics of the season of spring. As I continued to read I realized that you did it for each season and my first thought was that your piece was simple but complex in a good way all at the same time. The piece could be interpreted in a few different ways because of the connotative meanings people associate with certain words or phrases. So, I really like how you took advantage of that and made a very unique piece.

Dominique Washington
Period 2

Unknown said...

Its great to read something so original for a change. I really enjoyed the idea of this piece and the characteristics you gave to each of the seasons. You really seemed to capture the true nature of each season and what they mean to you. I feel like your personification of the seasons is very accurate and enjoyed it.

Unknown said...

Great story! i like how you choose to do something original and unique! I enjoyed how you did something for each season and really captivated each season.

Unknown said...

This is an amazing story I like how its seasons in an actual person type story I'm very impressed. melodie baptiste period 1

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

This was really interesting. As I was reading it, images of people that I know started to pop into my head; they were people who matched the description of those different seasons. This was original and as i read it I felt most relatable to Winter, which in fact is my favorite season. Well done.

Unknown said...

Initially, I wondered what the main idea of your piece would include but now I see, what a clever way to introduce your story. Each of your descriptions of the seasons as people were so perfectly matched-from Spring to Winter as it encompasses the characteristics of the respective season to a human quality. The detail helps personify each season into human beings, embodying qualities of friends, family, strangers- and allows each to clearly picture them. Additionally, it poses the question, "What season would I be?" I quite enjoyed this piece for all of it's originality and how perfectly written it is, good job!

Amber Tacderan
Period 2

Unknown said...

I loved this piece. So original and written beautifully. I enjoyed how you personified each season and got me thinking, "Who do I know that is like this? What season do I belong to?". Each new season kept me interested and hooked til' the end.

DanelleAngeline said...

Fiona!!You beautiful, amazing, insightful, talented, young woman, this is absolutely wonderful! I love how abstract the entire piece was, the connections of very real human traits to the seasons of the year. You flesh out each character so fully and precisely, the characters spring to life as very well-rounded, complex figures. I furthermore wonder the explanation for the genders assigned to each season, but I guess that that's up to interpretation. This is a beautiful piece and you have so much talent. I truly hope to see more!

Danelle Angeline Baronia
Period 2

Deven Kiphen said...

I loved reading this, because I feel like I can relate to some of it. I also believe that it is honest and can prove to be true in the near future. Great job. :D Pd. 2

Unknown said...

I really loved the concept of how you put this piece together. Giving all seasons human qualities to describe them was a really good idea. Great job!
Michael Dingle
Period 5

Anonymous said...

Incredible story! The personification for each season is creative and beautiful. Each season has traits and corresponding characteristics that I can relate too as a whole. Makes me really contemplate where I would fall if I were to be a season. Also, you did very well balancing them so each was completely different it kept it interesting to read throughout. Great job!

-Dulce Congo p.2

Anonymous said...

This story was really great. You had such a creative and well done way of personifying the seasons. Everything was so creative and after reading it all of the personalities really represent their respective seasons. You completely created these whole people with personalities which was really interesting to read.
-Aubrianne Milton
Period 5

Hungry Craving said...

This is too cute! I adore your idea of personifying the seasons!! It's very fun to see how you portray the seasons and compare it to how I would, and how seasons have generally been portrayed in myths, etc (which I love by the way!) :) I also find myself comparing each season's traits to individuals who were born in those specific seasons(Kind of like horoscopes)! In all, very enjoyable, unique piece!
-Zoe Wong

Anonymous said...

I love your take on the perception of the different seasons. Instead of thinking of them objectively you gave the seasons there own personality by referring to them as "he" and "she" which only made your story 10 times more interesting. I feel like you described the seasons so well as if to make a connection with not only the way the seasons are generally perceived but as well as how most people feel during this different times in the year. I loved your piece. Good job!
Cogswell Period 5
Alicia Alcaraz

Unknown said...

I love how unique your topic is! I have never thought of it like that! It's so eye opening and interesting I want to keep reading it!
Per 3

Unknown said...

I really enjoy how you structured your piece by seasons it presents the reader with the ability to associate each description of people with a factor that affects our everyday lives. Really Great Job!
Pd.5
Hunter Fierro