Pages

Monday, December 7, 2015

"December" by Katlyn H



       The month of December is a great month because there is Christmas and New Year’s and also Hanukkah. The month of December is when it is cold and the snow starts sticking to the ground. Many people fly in to see their families and some to see their friends. In this month you just want to be home for the holidays. December is the last month of the year and after that a brand new year starts, a brand new beginning.
My favorite days of December is the day you go to the store to get Christmas lights to hang them up, you get to put ornaments up, but before that  you need to get a tree. The smell of cinnamon candles burning, and seeing the flames of the fire, also drinking hot chocolate is very relaxing. On Christmas Eve my family and I have a tradition to watch “Christmas Vacation” it has been something we have done since I was a little girl. December is a cold and rainy month the weather makes you want to curl up in bed and just watch TV or even fall asleep. On Christmas Day you wake up and go run to your parent’s room to wake them up and then you run down stairs and see the tree and the presents underneath, and how the lights glisten off of them it makes you feel like a little kid.
     A few days later you have New Year’s Eve, then New Year’s Day. New Year’s Eve you stay up until midnight and at midnight you get to hear everybody celebrating. My family and I go outside and bang pans together and scream “HAPPY NEW YEAR’S!!!!!” that night you go to sleep and when you wake up it’s a brand new year for a new start. So start out the New Year great and maybe it will go a lot better than the last. I love it on New Year’s night you see the ball in Times Square Drop, and saying this I wish you a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

I enjoyed reading this! The Christmas season is probably my favorite time of the year (even though I hate the cold lol). This put me into the holiday mood. Thank you for taking the time to write something so fun and festive! Have an amazing break!

Unknown said...

Thank you for making such an awesome entry! I really like the way you described your personal Christmas and New Year's moments with us. For doing this, I hope that you have an amazing winter break!

Unknown said...

This put me in the christmas spirit even when christmas movies or songs couldn’t! It reminded me of all the good aspects I look forward to at this time of year such as seeing all of my family. It brings back the butterflies in my stomach I had as a kid when christmas eve was approaching and I ran to the tree to see all the presents waiting for me to open. It was very thoughtful of you to wish the readers a merry christmas and a happy new year. I wish the same to you! :)

Anonymous said...

I love the fact that you told the reader what you love most about Christmas and all the traditional things you do for fun and you have really made me think of all of my christmas traditions and why I love christmas the most.
Katy O'Hara
per. 1

Unknown said...

Great story i really loved how you told us about your Christmas traditions. I also liked how you talked about new years as well as Christmas.
Johnny Delacruz
Per 1

Anonymous said...

This helped me get in the Christmas joy because all day today I have been studying for the bio finals and listening to Christmas and I am tired. So thank you for that. And this Chritmas I will be with my moms side of the familt in Waashington.

MIKAYLA SEALS
Per.4

Anonymous said...

You completely described the things I love about Christmas too! My family watches Christmas vacation every year as well its one of my favorite movies, I watch it year round. I love having my family in town, and Christmas just reminds me to always be thankful. Thank you for this fun holiday piece.

Mackenzie Tipple
per.4

Evanne Turner said...

I loved how used so much imagery through out this piece. It really reminds of Christmas except for the snow just more so sunshine. I really did picture everything mentioned in your story. A job well done.
Period1
Evanne Turner

Unknown said...

Great story love how you describe the winter and the snow and how family flies in i actually will have my brother fly in from the air force this Christmas and makes me excited

Unknown said...

This gave me such a warming feeling in my heart. There was great detail it was easy fore to imagine December as a kid again, when I really enjoyed it. It was great that you brought that element out for us all to reminisce on because I'm pretty sure a lot of have forgotten about the importance of this month. In regards to family and friends we have forgotten the importance of them, so thank you for bringing that back for me.

Unknown said...

I loved how their sounded like a poem. And when you described this it made me fell so relaxed of the thought of Christmas it makes me very excited for Christmas. And i like how the story was not all about Christmas you put in some New Years too.