Pages

Monday, April 16, 2018

"Christopher Coloummbus " by Ahmed M.



Christopher Columbus was one of the most influential person during world war 1. He isn’t in any history books however, and not many people have really heard of the poor lad. Some would go as far as saying that he wasn’t ever even a documented citizen. However, what can’t be overlooked is the contributions he brought to our great nation during our most troubled time. Young Christopher Columbus was a famous explorer, who went to the new world on order of the united states president. He and his two trusty crewmates Maria, Santa Maria, and Tupac set out to explore the farthest expands of the planet in hopes of discovering a new part of Earth that we didn’t have yet. Thankfully, he had the latest in ship technology and could finally harness the power of the air to guide his boat instead of relying on slaves. Columbus found the new world all right, but it wasn’t until he tried to go back home to America that the real nightmare began…………
The fiercest of storms crashed upon Columbuses ship and him and his entire team were left floating, and they drifted to a strange island. With their ships radio broken, he had no way of contacting help. Tupac died within the first ten minutes of arriving on shore, so Columbos, Santa Maria, and Pinto had to go on without him. At last after an hour of walking they finally found signs of civilization on the wreck of an island, however the people were uncivilized bafoons. It wasn’t until Colombus heard a terrible wailing and panic did he really see what the heck was going on! To his horror, this island was ruled by intelligent apes! Santa Maria was caught into the nets of horse riding monkeys and was taken away screaming. Colombus was also captured and was taken to the monkey city.
Colombus was more than convinced that he had stumbled upon a strange new world and tried to tell the ape prince’s that if he could go free, he would open connections between the New World and the greatest country in the world. The united states of America. The monkeys, who were already perplexed with Colombuses air and composure, refused to believe that there was an entire land full of intelligent humans like Christopher. He demanded Santa Maria be brought forth, because he was another human who could talk English. But the Mexicans had him terminated! Without any proof from Santa Maria, Christopher had only one method of showing how intelligent humans could really be, so he threw a blanket on the monkeys who instantly got small pox and was granted his freedom!
Chris got Maria and proceeded towards the shores trying to find a way to get back home. He did not get far, however, until he saw something that would destroy his hope of ever returning home….. for you see, on the beach…… was the president of Japan.

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an unexpected turn of events! At first I thought this was going to be a piece about Christopher Columbus and his journey, however this comedic spinoff really caught my attention. I like how you changed the direction of this piece and made it your own. The build up of suspense was carried out well and the ending of a cliffhanger is a great touch! good job

Anonymous said...

First off this story was very funny and creative and I liked how you threw Tupac into the mix. I also just liked the random things that were in the story because those were the things that made them funny. Good Job!

Unknown said...

Everything about this piece--the characters, their names, the premise, the resolution, and the twist at the end, the misspelling of the title (was that intentional?)--all of it is so absurd. So absurd, that it all makes it much more of an enjoyable, amusing, and amazing read.

Anonymous said...

I love how your humor is really integrated into this piece. At first glance I thought this was going to be a biography of the life of Christopher Columbus, but you kept adding fictional elements that truly made this a more exciting and comical read. I love the little twist at the end as well.

Brandon Yun said...

A random yet interesting story to say the least. Great use of historical figures to lighten the mood of the story!

Unknown said...

Ahmed I like how creative you were with your imagination in this piece. The descriptions used provoked imagery inside my head and the diction used added some humor as well. Nice piece.

Noah said...

This piece was very creative and I loved the absurdity of the whole story. Good job and I greatly appreciated the humor.

Anonymous said...

Honestly, when I first read this story, I was very confused. Upon reading it again, I find it interesting. I love the pop culture twist to this historic story. I feel like I was being persuaded to believe the story because of your excellent diction and use of imagery. It's a fun fictional story!

Unknown said...

So, after the tenth time reading it, I still don't really understand it. The thing is, the entire piece was engaging enough to keep me reading it after ten times. It was actually really fun trying to identify all of the hilarious references and inconsistencies in the story. I would definitely read a much longer version of this.

Anonymous said...

I was laughing through reading the piece. I enjoyed the satire you used to essentially make a joke of Christopher Columbus. Great job!

-Joseph Madere Period 1

Unknown said...

This was the best piece I’ve ever read before, your imagery and detail was so great I felt like I was there. A lot of plot twists very comedic as well. Great job Ahmed !

Paarth Joshi said...

Wow, the absurdity, creativity, and humor used in this piece kept me laughing out loud till the end. I haven't really seen a blog entry similar to this one so reading this was a pleasant surprise. This is definitely one of my favorite blog entries, great job!

Unknown said...

I like how absurd and comical the story is along with the intentionally misspelled words to accent the humor.

Eliu Jaramillo said...

This piece was comical to me through all the randomness and plot twists found in it. The island reminded me a bit of the movie "Rise of the Planet of the Apes" which I enjoyed. Overall this piece kept me entertained and wanting to see what was coming next.

Anonymous said...

Ahmed this was the most interesting thing I have read. I was very confused by the title and when I started reading I was even more confused but yet still interested. I loved all the imagery in this writing. Good Job

-Vanessa Fernandez period 5

Joshua Duque said...

This story had an unexpected turn of events. At first I thought it was about the real Christopher Columbus until I met his trusty friend Tupac. This was a great parody and was full of comedic moments.

Unknown said...

I had to reread this piece two times in order to understand all of the various pop culture references and intended historical inaccuracies. This was such an awesome absurdist piece and a nice change of pace from the usual blogs. Nice work!

Ikwaak Dhillon said...

Ahmed, I could not stop laughing when I was reading this post, extremely funny! This is piece is so random yet so intriguing that it pulls me in for more than one read. I loved the various references you used in this piece and your use of diction was very amusing. My favorite reference was when you included Tupac in the crew, which is just very unsystematic. Great job Ahmed, I loved this absurd piece.

Marcela Morelos said...

Interesting. This writing definitely reflects your personality. It was oddly entertaining to read though I’m confused about much of what I read but shows a lot of creativity by altering a historical figure’s persona.

Anonymous said...

Ahmed this was extremely funny piece. After reading the title I thought this was going to a biography about Christopher Columbus however I was caught by surprise when I started reading. I was laughing really hard while reading this.
- Steve Martinez

Unknown said...

At first, I was a little thrown off and annoyed since I had no idea where this was going, but after the 2nd read, I decided to just go with it and thoroughly enjoyed myself. Super funny and imaginative.

Raymond Williams said...

This story was amazing. I laughed so hard when Tupac came into the picture. I am so glad you wrote this and totally made my day.

Brittney Berglund said...

Ahmed this piece made me so confused from the misspelling of the title to the end but I also think thats what kept me so interested and kept me reading. I enjoyed the comedy and details you added in this and it caused your story to be really enjoyable! Great job Ahmed!