Pages

Thursday, January 28, 2021

"Banana Bread Recipe" by Andrew A.

 

Ever since the start of this pandemic, my family and I have been cooking a lot more at home, more recently we have been trying to learn new baking techniques and recipes. We feel that as a family it is important to spend time with each other during stressful times and baking is a great way to spend time with each other while making some delicious things to eat. For example, on Christmas Eve we decided to bake cookies and distribute them out to people in our family that we are not able to see as much anymore. It was really nice to be able to do something like that especially around the holidays. Personally, I have never been the type of person that was good at baking or cooking in general, but I absolutely enjoy learning new skills in life that will benefit me in different ways. In addition to that, I honestly enjoy baking because you get to experiment with new recipes and potentially come up with something that can be shared with everyone. For this recipe in particular, my dad had taken inspiration from a Paula Deen recipe by adding some additional ingredients to make it even better. He did not just wake up one morning and decide to bake some banana bread, it was actually due to my mom buying too many bananas by accident. We did not want them to go to waste, so he came up with an idea that put them to good use. Hopefully, you get to try this recipe out for yourself because it is so tasty and it is pretty easy to make.

 

Ingredients:

 

      2 ¼ cups all purpose flour, sifted

 

      1 cup sugar

 

      1 teaspoon baking soda

 

      1 teaspoon salt

 

      4 medium ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 ½ cups)

 

      ½ cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled

 

      2 large eggs

 

      1 teaspoon vanilla extract

 

      1 teaspoon Grand Marnier

 

      ½ cup of sliced almonds

 

      ½ cup of crushed walnuts

 

      ½ cup of chocolate chips (optional and any kind you like)


Directions

 

      Preheat oven to 325°

 

      Spray a 9x5-inch loaf pan with baking spray with flour

 

      In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt

 

      In a medium bowl, whisk together banana, melted butter, eggs, vanilla, and Grand Marnier

 

      Fold banana mixture into flour mixture until just combined and add almonds, walnuts, and chocolate chips if you would like

 

      Spread batter into prepared pan

 

      Bake until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 50 to 60 minutes

 

      Let it cool in the pan for about 10 minutes

 

      After cooling, remove from ban and let it cool completely on a wire rack

 

      Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days

 

 

That should do it, thank you for taking the time out of your day to read my blog. I really do appreciate it. Have fun baking!

38 comments:

Brianna Musa said...

Banana bread is so yummy and this recipe looks pretty easy to follow. I'll definitely try it out!!

Anonymous said...

This recipe was super simple and straight to the point. I loved it! Usually recipes have a long list of ingredients that you buy and only use for that one recipe. But looking at these ingredients it seems more manageable and cost effective. I liked how you talked about baking and how over the pandemic you’ve been trying new things. I also agree that baking is a great way to spend time with family, and in the end there’s an amazing end product. I thought it was so kind that you have been sharing your baked items with family and friends. That’s so amazing. I also love banana bread. Making banana bread is a great way to utilize bananas and if my bana’s ever start going bad I know I can always make this recipe. Amazing job!

Richelle Mendoza said...

Thank you so much for sharing this recipe! It means so much to me. I used to help my grandma bake banana bread but ever since she passed, no one has ever tried making it again. I will for sure be trying this out!

Madelyn Mejia said...

Oh my gosh I love banana bread and am always looking for new ways to make it to see which is better! So thank you for your clear and concise directions. Just like your family that you mentioned, mine as well has resorted to baking and cooking up new recipes ever since the start of quarantine and I've enjoyed learning how too :).

Taryn Andazola said...

Banana bread is one of my favorite things to make and I'm always looking for ways to improve it an things to add to it, so I'm so happy you posted this, thank you!!

Kaitlyn Edmundson said...

I love banana bread, but I've never made it before. Thank you for making the directions so clear. I will make this in the near future :)

Raymund Lillo said...

Literally someone just mentioned banana bread in my math class a couple days ago and coincidently you provided an easy to follow recipe that I need to try out!

Andrea Cazares said...

I've recently been OBSESSED with banana bread again. Thank you for this recipe, I'm so excited to try it :))

Anonymous said...

I’ve never been the type to eat different flavored bread but oh my God, this seems so good to try. Going to make it this weekend !!!!

Charmaine Luciano said...

I made banana bread at the beginning of quarantine and let's just say it was horrible. I got the recipe from pinterest and did everything step by step but no matter how many times I put it back in the oven it still managed to be uncooked??? Hopefully I can redeem myself using your recipe and prove that I’m not actually a bad baker.

Isaac Ilano said...

One of my favorite foods, I've never made banana bread but now that I have this to look to for help I might give it a shot. Good job and thanks for the ingredients and directions

Zhenwei Gao said...

Thank you for sharing this family recipe with us! Just by reading the ingredients you provided, I was already drooling. It sounds so good! I cannot wait to try this at home and share this amazing recipe with the rest of my family. Thank you for this!

Hailey M Hillstock said...

I'm usually not a big fan of bananas but I love banana bread! This recipe sounds like a dessert you can have year round. I'll have to try this!

Anonymous said...

I've always made banana bread plain but after reading this I think it's time to spruce up my recipe. Adding chocolate chips? Absolutely genius. Thanks for the inspiration! -Evan Nguyen

Unknown said...

This sounds delicious!! I love the story behind the recipe! Your instructions were very clear and precise. I like the incorporation of chocolate chips!! Great job! - Samantha Galarza

Diego Kontorovsky said...

I like how you included your family in the beginning, very wholesome recipe and this sounds really good! This is something i want to try with my family, thank you for sharing!

Michaiah Stanford said...

This sounds so delicious thank you for sharing this amazing banana bread recipe. Not only that I liked to see that you found joy in baking! I will definitely will be trying out this recipe very soon.

Lauren Perez said...

I will definitely have to make this! It is simple and sounds very delicious!

Nguyen Ho said...

yay more sweet recipe for me to try out, thank you for sharing!!!

Elyana Steih said...

Thank you for sharing! These sound so good! Will definitely try this out with my family!

Kristiana Ortiz said...

My family is a big fan of banana bread so I’ll definitely have to try this recipe. I really enjoyed how straightforward and helpful the instructions were. Good job!!

Unknown said...

I love banana bread, and the recipe you showed is very similar to what we make. Its so good!! -Angela Carnalla

Brandon Ochoa said...

Thanks for the baking recipe, I too have found myself baking more frequently under these unusual circumstances and find it relaxing. I always seem to have an abundance of bananas in my house -more that I would enjoy to eat alone- and find this recipe quite useful. Thank you for being clear with the directions.

Jaylene Del Vaal said...

This is so good & its so organized!! I love the fact that it isn't hard to understand & you didn't make it anymore complicated than it needed to be. Im happy to hear that you and your family bond off of cooking, thats so cute (:

Kayla Macasinag said...

Thank you so much for sharing! This recipe for banana bread sounds delicious! :) -Kayla Macasinag

Jordan Nugroho said...

I really liked the short story on why you started making banana bread. I've never thought of putting Grand Marnier in banana bread before but now I think I might try adding some.

Oluwaseyi Alli said...

Banana bread is one of my fav snacks I actually had it last night lol. Thank you for this recipe I will definitely try it and I hope you and your fam continue to try new things !!!

Lauryn Luera said...

This is so great I love banana bread, and it is cool how you used this time to create memories with your family through cooking.

Caitlyn Jane Basa said...

I am obsessed with banana bread! Every time I go to Starbucks, it's a tradition at this point to always get banana bread but after reading your recipe and how easy it is I might as well just make it myself. The instructions are so clear and I love how you gave a background store behind it.

Chloe Pacle said...

Banana bread is one of my favorite treats! I've never had it with chocolate chips so I cant wait to try it!

Sharleen Nunez said...

This literally sounds amazing, I LOVE banana bread it so yummy and tasty. Thank you for sharing this I literally going to go make this right now!!

Unknown said...

I adore banana bread! Thank you so much for this recipe, I am so excited to use it! It is so simple and straight to the point! I also love how you and your family bonded over baking ! :D -gisselle flores

Kiyah Brown said...

This sounds really good and your recipe was easy to follow as well! I like how you added chocolate chips to the ingredients.

Abigail said...

I love cooking and have tried to make banana bread on multiple occasions but none have turned out to actually be good. Thank you for this recipe because I will make this my 8th attempt. -Abigail Babatunde

Angelina Martinez said...

Ooo I love banana bread! I'll be sure to come back to this when we have some extra bananas. The addition of chocolate chips sounds soo good. Thanks for sharing this recipe!

Anonymous said...

Banana Bread has always been my favorite! I will definitaly try this recipe! I've never thought of chocolate and banana as a conbination so I'm definitally excited to try that!- Anastasia Lamiy

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this bro, my sister likes baking things so I'll probably have her try it out haha

Enrico Del Rosario said...

Bro, your Banana Bread recipe is SOOO much more different than mine. I want to try it out and see which one is better 😌 JK! Thank you for giving me new ideas for my own banana bread, and for sharing your own recipe so we may get the chance to try it for ourselves!