Pages

Tuesday, December 13, 2022

"The Reality of Money Truly Buying Happiness?" by Leilani C

 

 

Happiness is an emotional feeling expressed through the physical state for momentarily satisication within a person. Everyone always talks about how the saying “Money can’t buy happiness” is bogus.  Our generation believes money can buy happiness , due to the fact that money can literally buy specifc things in life that we admire or envy. As humans were are so eager towards “money”, as it’s a want and necessity in our world. People think that the more income the consume, the more things I can buy, which will make me happier,  more money doesn’t really lead to more happiness because people often overestimate, how much pleasure they’re gonna gain, from having wealthy items. Various of people are blinded really about the phrase “Money can buy happiness,” as we phase to see that both those components “money” and “happiness” are actually temporary. There are many reasons to emphasize why money can’t buy you happiness in our world. Although, various benefits of having money in general, as people we can literally get anything we desire and it can used to help pay for essential livelihood things. Moreover, money changes how person live life, in which them become greedy, selfish within their money values. As, a society we need to learn more how to use money more “sensibly” so the things purchased with the money, can actually have a  value of happiness to it. Since,  money is earned as an exchange for  your time, to work for a business or company. As working for an hour, you essentially get paid for just working that hour. From a child’s perspective, when you get money from your parents for Christmas, kidss always know what they want to spend it on. As for me, I would probably spend my money on vinyl records for my collection, since I am a really big music person. Since, I like vinyl records, the purchase of it will bring me happiness in that current state as I get the best vinyls of my favorite artists.  As I get older, I might not be “ as”interest in vinyl’s as much as I am now, therefore, the money I used to buy what I “admire”, doesn’t bring me happiness  anymore in the sense that it isn’t something I’m into. Essentially, as humans since we are evolving creatures, over a current amount of time, that specific item becomes a part of our daily routine, in the use of it’s presence daily, therefore it slowly begins to lose its appeal of attraction to you. Another way to look of this point of view of “Money not being able to provide happiness” can dictate on how people actually live their lives, in situations where money is a problem but they don’t have a problem with the consumption of wanting lots of money, whereas, a rich person wouldnt’ really have to worry about money. After this argument of what the worldtruly believes if money can buy happiness,  It’s safe to say that money intetionally doesn’t buy happiness as we are evolutionary creatures, who lose interest in things over time and have different situations in which how people really view money and how they choose to spend it.

No comments: