Pages

Friday, April 1, 2022

"Change?" by Kai S

 When I turned twelve my world was shaken up, turned upside down, and shattered into amillion pieces! Years after my dad and my mom divorced, mom had found love and remarried.Suddenly I had a stepfather and two new brothers.
I was perfectly happy with it just being my mom, my brother, and I. I felt that my life was being invaded by outsiders. Quickly I realized that my mom loved Tony and that he and my stepbrothers were here to stay. Because my mother started nursing school and Tony worked night shifts, I was put in charge of watching my little brothers after school and on the weekends.We were all scared and unsure of this new situation. At first, I and my brother and I constantly fought with our stepbrothers. We did not get along at all and we were divided. Whether I liked it or not, I knew that they all looked up to me for leadership and guidance in this new chapter of our lives. I realized that it was my responsibility to be the best role model I could be for all my
brothers and if I started making an effort to bring us together we could all get along. I learned how to lead by example, by doing do my best to show how much fun we could have just hanging out together after school and on weekends. We all began to get along and soon we accepted each other as family. I began to teach my brothers about other things I knew. I tried harder than ever to point them in the right direction and in doing so I also bettered myself. I taught them the importance of being honest and being on time, how and why it is important to do your best in school, and many other things. Leading my brothers taught me how important role models were
in everybody's life. I learned how important the people who led me in my life were. I had a new appreciation for people like my mother, stepfather, and grandparents. I learned just how muchour leaders and role models shape the world we live in by sharing what they know.

No comments: