Pages

Monday, May 4, 2020

“Orange Cake Recipe” By Karla S



This orange cake recipe is really easy to follow and the outcome is delicious. It will take roughly one hour to have done but in the end, it is worth it.

Ingredients you are going to need: 3 cups of flour 2 cups of sugar 1 teaspoon of baking powder 1 teaspoon of salt 1 cup of melted butter or 2 sticks of melted butter 1 tablespoon of vanilla ⅓ cup of freshly squeezed orange juice ¾ cup of buttermilk  2 tablespoons of orange zest 5 eggs

A majority of people have all of these ingredients except for probably buttermilk. Do not fret, buttermilk is extremely easy to make. 

Ingredients for Buttermilk: 1 cup of milk 1 tablespoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice

Directions for orange cake;

Before we start anything if you do not already have buttermilk on hand you are going to want to make that first. Mix the two ingredients and let it sit for about 15 minutes.

Step 1: Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and butter or oil a pan that will be used for the cake.

Step 2: In a big mixing bowl you are going to want to mix all of the dry ingredients first but make sure to sift them so that you do not get clumps in your cake batter.

Step 3: In a separate bowl you are going to mix the vanilla, orange zest, orange juice, buttermilk, and the melted butter. 

Step 4: Slowly mix the wet ingredients into the mixing bowl as well as the eggs.

Step 5: Pour batter into the buttered pan and place into the oven for 50-59 minutes, or until golden brown.

16 comments:

Amitoj Bajwa said...

I liked how easy and simple your recipe was and how you mentioned an alternative way to make buttermilk, great work

Anonymous said...

I love oranges and this seems like a fun recipe to try out. The steps were clear and easy to follow. - Breana Plascencia

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a great guide! I'll definitely have to try this at home! - Cameron Hunter

Leigh Rubillar said...

This recipe seems easy to follow through. It would've been nice to see what the cake should look like. Overall, you did a good job!

Rebeca Sandes said...

This is such and easy thing to do. You go to the point and even added how to make buttermilk.

Natalie Mejia said...

Thanks for sharing your way of making orange cake, I’ve never actually had it before. It’s definitely something that I’ll have to try! I also love how easy the recipe is to follow!

Anonymous said...

This recipe is very easy to make so i will definitely need to try, I have never tried orange cake so that's a plus.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing your recipe Karla! From what you described it, this recipe seemed very tasty and delicious. I love how your recipe is easy to follow!

Camren Littlejohn said...

I love oranges and I love cake so this seems like a recipe I'm going to have to try out.

Anonymous said...

I’ve never heard of orange cake before, but I’m sure it tastes delicious and interesting. It’s nice that you warned your readers to sift the dry ingredients beforehand so that the mixture doesn’t form clumps; this is probably very crucial to the recipe. Nice job!

- Drishti Modi

Anonymous said...

Two of my favorite foods are being combined in this recipe! This is a must try because it looks super good! Thank you for sharing! - Aaron P

Gabriella Merino said...

I always have a problem not being able to find buttermilk for a recipe I want to make so that part of this recipe was very helpful! It sounds delicious and perfect for summer :)

Karen A Medina said...

Wow! I enjoyed learning this recipe because of how easy it is and I'll most definitely try it out in the future!

Benjamin Snitzer said...

This is so cool because I’ve never heard of an orange cake before. I love oranges so I’m really excited to try this recipe. Thanks for sharing.

Michael Joseph Ibarra said...

Orange seems like an interesting flavor for a cake but it does sound good! Thanks for the recipe for buttermilk! As it's currently hard to find in stores at the moment! I have been baking none stop since self isolation so I'm always looking for new recipes! -Mj Ibarra

Rebecca Clinton said...

Orange cake is always a great summer dessert and this recipe seems like such a simple way to make it which is great! Thanks so much for sharing, great detail!
-Rebecca Clinton